The 2017 Homeland Security Public Safety Stakeholder’s Grant Workshops are being held statewide from February 27 – March 16 (eight regional meetings). The importance of these workshops is to promote coordination across the various disciplines and entities that are eligible to apply for SHSP funds along with a brief overview of other possible funding opportunities.
These workshops provide an opportunity for each region to possibly leverage additional funding to support critical security efforts. By working together, homeland security stakeholders can submit high-quality SHSP projects that will close the most critical preparedness gaps that are consistent with the commonwealth’s risk. Key stakeholders and groups identified opportunities for collaboration and developed projects that may benefit the security of their communities.
1. Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the Public Safety Stakeholder event held February 22nd in Richmond.
2. Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the SHSP grant process and project scoring methodology.
3. Gathered input to identify security priorities and develop regional/collaborative projects to reduce risks.
4. Provide stakeholders updates on Mitigation Grants, Recently declared Public Assistance Grants, and other funding sources.
5. Provide technical assistance to potential grant applicants to enhance the opportunity for funding.
You are welcome to attend whichever meeting is most convenient. No need to RSVP.
Meeting materials and templates needed to submit project information, including links to follow for submission will be posted to VDEM’s website on February 27th.
PEER REVIEWERS NEEDED
To make the State Homeland Security Grant process a success Peer Reviewers are needed!
As a reminder, peer review is an important part of the State Homeland Security Grant process.
Participation provides reviewers with a unique opportunity to gain insight into the evaluation process and learn about innovative projects their peers may be undertaking.
Register here – 2017 SHSP Peer Reviewer Application