If you live or work in a high-rise building, keep these things in mind:
- Note where the closest emergency exit is.
- Know another way out in case your first choice is blocked.
- Take cover under a desk or table if things are falling.
- Stay away from file cabinets, bookshelves or other things that might fall.
- Face away from windows and glass.
- Move away from exterior walls.
- Determine if you should stay where you are or get away.
- Listen for and follow instructions.
- Take your emergency supply kit.
- Never use elevators.
- Stay to the right while going down stairwells to allow emergency workers to come up.