Working at VDEM
VDEM - A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CAREER SEARCH - APPLY/ INFO
The statewide Recruitment Management System (RMS) was recently upgraded. Now, not only can you create, save and edit applications, you can also:
- Check the status of your online applications.
- Bookmark job postings of interest.
- Applications that existed prior to April 21, 2015 did not transfer to the new RMS.
- You are no longer able to check the status of your application online for positions you applied to prior to April 21, 2015.
- If you applied to a position prior to April 21, 2015 and received a confirmation email, we have your application and the recruitment process is currently under way. Should a review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM).
E-Verify Notice:After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Branch will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Learn about our Benefits
VDEM offers excellent employee benefits including healthcare life insurance, retirement, deferred compensation, short and long term disability, generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays a year training and tuition reimbursement.