Local Emergeny Planning Committee Toolkit
The Local Emergency Planning Committee Toolkit serves a variety of LEPC needs, providing examples of LEPC bylaws, strategic plans, sample HAZMAT and Terrorism Consequence Management annexes, and the HAZMAT plan checklist. We intend to expand the toolkit with Virginia LEPC contacts, links to related Web sites, special studies (e.g., Commodity Flow Studies) and other LEPC resource/guidance materials.
At this time, the LEPC Toolkit contains only a few examples of bylaws and strategic plans. To enhance the toolkit, we request that all LEPCs provide an electronic copy of their bylaws and any strategic plans to Randy Francis at email@example.com.
Please also send any of the following information:
- If your LEPC has established a Web site,
- If there is something that you would like to see included on this site, or
- If your LEPC contact is someone other than the local emergency management coordinator, or if their contact information has recently changed. We list current contact information on this site so that facilities can find their local LEPC contact. We also use this information to notify personnel in the event of an incident.
Sample LEPC Bylaws
- LEPC By-laws Template [40kb Word doc]
- Suffolk Local Emergency Planning Committee, LEPC By-laws [51kb Word doc]
- City of Chesapeake, Virginia, LEPC Bylaws [38kb Word doc]
- Peninsula LEPC By-laws [55kb Word doc]
- Prince William County, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park LEPC Rules and Procedures [126kb Word doc]
- Fairfax Joint LEPC Administrative Procedures [37kb Word doc]
- Bylaws of the Cities of Staunton and Waynesboro and August County [36kb Word doc]
Sample LEPC Strategic Plans
- City of Chesapeake, Virginia, LEPC Strategic Plan 2003-2004 [124kb Word doc]
- City of Portsmouth, Virginia, LEPC and Citizen Corps Council Strategic Plan 2005-2006 [128 kb Word doc]
Sample LEPC Hazmat Plans and Checklists
- Sample Oil and Hazardous Materials Response Plan [106 kb Word docx] Note that this document may require several minutes to download.
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plans - Minimum Requirements checklist [24kb Word doc]
Other LEPC Resources
- Virginia LEPC Web Sites [33kb PDF doc]
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards - (CFAT) Fact sheet [pdf]