Local Emergency Operation Plans Guidance
The Local Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) guidance serves as a planning tool to assist the Commonwealth’s jurisdictions in revising and updating the EOP. Consideration was given to the Comprehensive Planning Guide 101 version 2, The National Response Framework, The Commonwealth of Virginia Emergency Operations Plan. Additionally, the guidance below incorporates Title 44 Virginia Emergency Services and Disaster Laws.
Local Emergency Operations Plan Templates [EOP]
These documents form the basis for the Emergency Operations Plan with basic plan and annex guidance. The Annex guidance is written in Emergency Support Function (ESF) format to be consistent with state and federal models.
Support Annex Templates
Below is guidance on drafting support annexes to the EOP. These documents are hazard specific or written to support common trends in emergency management.
- Local Terrorism Response Annex Template [231 kb doc] Revised March 2013
- Family Assistance Center Annex [181 kb doc]
- Hurricane Annex [ 547 kb .docx]
- Congregate Household Pet Sheltering Support Annex [115kb]
- Evacuation Annex [102kb word]
- Animal Care and Control Annex [310kb]
- Damage Assessment Annex [1.7mb]
- Dam Safety Annex [80kb] Updated 1/23/12
- Non-Medical - Pandemic Influenza Annex [723kb doc]
Planning Tools to Support EOP
The items below should be used as situational awareness tools when updating the EOP. These documents serve as reference documents.
- Blind and Visually Impaired Statistics (Addendum1) [38kb xlsx]
- Executive Director of Community Services Board (Addendum 2A) [17kb xlsx]
- Community Services Board by Jurisdiction (Addendum 2B) [93kb xlsx]
- Elderly Adults Population Estimate (Addendum 3) [34kb xlsx]
- Additional Special Needs Planning Considerations [24 kb docx]
- Comprehensive Preparedness Guide [pdf]
- Special Facilities Emergency Operations Plan Review Matrix [ 128 kb xlsx]
For More Information Contact:
Local Planning Assistance
Eileen Tarr, Program Manager