- Henrico County Debris Management Plan [1.5mb PDF]
- Chesapeake Debris Plan [121 Kb PDF]
- Hanover County Debris Management Plan [ 38mb PDF]
- Fairfax City Debris Management Plan [PDF}
- Norfolk Debris Management Plan [PDF]
Debris Estimating Tool
Debris Estimating Tool [29kb xls]
Instructions: The applicant only needs to adjust items 1 through 6, highlighted in yellow, on the Debris Estimating Tool spreadsheet..
- Item 1: Change as appropriate.
- Item 2: Population (available on the U.S. Census Bureau's Web site) [opens in a new browser window]
- Item 3: Persons per household can be typically obtained from the local planning department. If unavailable, use the defaul value of 3.
- Items 4-6: These are based on the recommendations from the U.S. Army Corps' modeling procedure. This procedure is available in the back of the FEMA 325 publication in Appendix B. If uncertain, use 1.3 for each of these factors.
Debris Management in Virginia
Debris Management Web Links
The following links will open in a new window.
Hurricane-related Solid Waste Management Issues
Solid Waste Facilities
- List of Facilities:http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Portals/0/DEQ/Land/SolidWaste/SW_Permit_Report.pdf
- GIS/Mapping: http://www.deq.virginia.gov/ConnectWithDEQ/VEGIS.aspx