The VDEM Grants Office administers all non-disaster/preparedness grant and funding programs available to local governments and State Agencies for the Agency. These funding opportunities are used to enhance overall preparedness and response capabilities for a full range of hazards.
Once registered with the list serve above. Any time that VDEM has a Non-Disaster (Preparedness) grant cycle open for project ideas, a Project Proposal Process will be announced and you will receive an email with all the important information.
- 2017 NSGP Funding Opportunity – Due June 16, 2017
- Homeland Security Public Safety Stakeholder’s Grant Workshops
- 2017 SHSP Peer Reviewer Application
To assist you with completing VDEM’s project proposal as well as any other grant, we have developed the following document.
- Achieving Grant Success: The Winning Proposal (This document in no way guarantees funding of any said project and is only to be used as a helpful guide.)
eGMS was established to provide an automated system for all non-disaster/preparedness subgrantees to complete the life cycle of a subgrant, and submit reports online that will go directly to VDEM Grant Management Office. This system is a multi-phase project that will automate many of the current processes in use with the hard copy forms. The instruction manual provides detailed information on how the system works as well as how to contact VDEM Grants Management Office for questions.
Users may now submit their Request for Funds, Budget Development and Amendment Requests, and online as well as view the status of various submitted reports and requests. As new phases are rolled out, an announcement will be displayed in eGMS and VDEM’s list serve to alert all users. Coming soon…quarterly progress reports and grant adjustment notices.
As of March 31, 2013, all Request for Funds, and Budget Amendment Requests and Narratives MUST be filled out online. Paper requests will not be accepted.
- View the eGMS Subrecipient User Manual ( 1.9 MB .pdf)
- Access eGMS Online
- NOTE: In order to use this website, you must obtain a user name and password set up by VDEM Grants Management Office. This will give you access permissions to utilize the online program. Contact VDEM Grants Management Office to obtain a username or a password or if you have forgotten your password.
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants (HMA)
The purpose of the HMA programs is to help communities implement hazard mitigation measures before and following a Presidential major disaster declaration. Hazard mitigation is any action taken to reduce or eliminate long term risk to people and property from natural hazards. Mitigation planning is a key process used to break the cycle of disaster damage, reconstruction, and repeated damage. The HMPG is authorized under Section 404 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. More information on HMA grant programs can be found here.
|VDEM Grant Management Office Staff|
|Grants Director||Cheryl Leeemail@example.com||804-897-9760|
|Grants Program Support||Lisa Foleyfirstname.lastname@example.org||804-897-9767|
|Disaster Grants Manager||Robbie Coatesemail@example.com||804-897-9766|
|Mitigation Grants Administrator for New River Valley RC, Thomas Jefferson, PDC, Commonwealth RC, Richmond Regional PDC, and Crater PDC||Trina Addisonfirstname.lastname@example.org||804-897-9976|
|Mitigation Grants Administrator for Northern Shenandoah Valley RC, Rappahannock-Rapidan RC, George Washington RC, Northern Neck PDC, Annomack-Northampton PDC, Hampton Roads PDC, LENOWISCO PDC, and Mount Rogers PDC||Amy Howardemail@example.com||804-897-9974|
|Mitigation Grants Administrator for Cumberland Plateau PDC, Roanoke Valley-Alleghany RC, Central Shenandoah PDC, Region 2000 LGC, West Piedmont PDC, Southside PDC, Northern Virginia RC, and Middle Peninsula PDC.||Debbie Messmerfirstname.lastname@example.org||804-897-9975|
|Preparedness Grants Admin.
Regions 2 & 7
|Preparedness Grants Administrator
All Grant Forms
- Applications and reporting forms can be found under the Forms link .
- All forms must be completed and submitted before applications can be reviewed.
- This page contains forms for grant application and reporting. Note that you should save forms to your computer before using them. All Forms in package must be completed