The VDEM Grants Office administers all non-disaster/preparedness grant and funding programs available to local governments and State Agencies for the Agency. These funding opportunities are used to enhance overall preparedness and response capabilities for a full range of hazards.
Once registered with the list serve above. Any time that VDEM has a Non-Disaster (Preparedness) grant cycle open for project ideas, a Project Proposal Process will be announced and you will receive an email with all the important information.
- 2018 NSGP Funding Opportunity
- 2018 Homeland Security Public Safety Stakeholder’s Grant Workshops
NEW! National Preparedness Goal; Core Capabilities
- Achieving Grant Success: The Winning Proposal (This document in no way guarantees funding of any said project and is only to be used as a helpful guide.)
eGMS was established to provide an automated system for all non-disaster/preparedness subgrantees to complete the life cycle of a subgrant, and submit reports online that will go directly to VDEM Grant Management Office. This system is a multi-phase project that will automate many of the current processes in use with the hard copy forms. The instruction manual provides detailed information on how the system works as well as how to contact VDEM Grants Management Office for questions.
Users may now submit their Request for Funds, Budget Development and Amendment Requests, and online as well as view the status of various submitted reports and requests. As new phases are rolled out, an announcement will be displayed in eGMS and VDEM’s list serve to alert all users. Coming soon…quarterly progress reports and grant adjustment notices.
As of March 31, 2013, all Request for Funds, and Budget Amendment Requests and Narratives MUST be filled out online. Paper requests will not be accepted.
- View the eGMS Subrecipient User Manual ( 1.9 MB .pdf)
- Access eGMS Online
- NOTE: In order to use this website, you must obtain a user name and password set up by VDEM Grants Management Office. This will give you access permissions to utilize the online program. Contact VDEM Grants Management Office to obtain a username or a password or if you have forgotten your password.
- Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants (HMA)
The purpose of the HMA programs is to help communities implement hazard mitigation measures before and following a Presidential major disaster declaration. Hazard mitigation is any action taken to reduce or eliminate long term risk to people and property from natural hazards. Mitigation planning is a key process used to break the cycle of disaster damage, reconstruction, and repeated damage. The HMPG is authorized under Section 404 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act.
|VDEM Grant Management Office Staff|
|Chief Financial Officer||Cheryl Leefirstname.lastname@example.org||804-897-9760|
|Preparedness Grants Manager||Lisa Malloryemail@example.com
|Disaster Grants Manager||Robbie Coatesfirstname.lastname@example.org||804-897-9766|
Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants (Regions 1 & 3, and Region 5: the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, and the counties of Isle of Wight, Southampton and Surry)
Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants
Region 5: the cities Poquoson and Williamsburg and the counties of Accomack, James City, Lancaster, Northampton, Northumberland, Richmond, Westmoreland and York
Hazard Mitigation Assistance Grants
Region 5: the cities of Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and the counties of Gloucester, Mathews, and Middlesex
All Grant Forms
- Applications and reporting forms can be found under the Forms link .
- All forms must be completed and submitted before applications can be reviewed.
- This page contains forms for grant application and reporting. Note that you should save forms to your computer before using them. All Forms in package must be completed