Please ensure that all forms are complete and submitted no later than 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 1 Late submissions cannot be considered.
Submission Link: https://hscsl.vmasc.odu.edu/fmi/webd (Chrome Only)
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) is pleased to announce the availability of $300,000 (statewide) for the FY2015 Supplemental Local Emergency Management Performance (SLEMPG) Grant Program opportunity for local governments, emergency agencies (only).
This grant is available to cities, counties and those towns recognized as emergency management jurisdictions under Title 44 of the Code of Virginia.
The grant opportunity is to support local emergency management programs with an emphasis on enhancing local emergency shelter capacity and planning, training, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) preparedness across the Commonwealth.
Priorities for grant funding will be given to projects that include:
- Sheltering supplies and/or equipment.
- Access and functional needs programs, supplies/equipment.
- Public alerting, warning, and notification systems.
- Mass casualty and/or active-shooter programs, equipment, training or exercises.
- Pet sheltering supplies and/or equipment.
Criteria for each project will be:
- Individual grants up to a maximum of $30,000
- May partner with other agencies, governments, or private sector/non-profit groups.
- Applications July 1, 2016 – Aug. 1, 2016, awards made mid August.
- This grant requires a one-to-one local match, which may be in kind. (For example: If a locality is awarded $10,000 in grant funds, the locality must match this with $10,000 in local funds or in-kind match.)
- OBLIGATION DEADLINE: Funds awarded under this grant must be obligated by 07/31/2017 and must be closed out by 08/31/2017.
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- A separate project proposal form will be required for each project. If awarded, projects will be combined into one award for administrative purposes.
If you have any questions concerning the application process please contact the VDEM grant administrator for your region, or by email listed below:
VDEM Regions 1, 2, 5 & 7: Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
VDEM Regions 3, 4, 6: Kerry.email@example.com
Applicants are required to complete a project proposal form for each project. The links to the project proposal form are provided below. This required form must be submitted to be considered for this grant. Submission of the project proposal form does not guarantee funding. Any locality that is selected for an award will be required to complete a grant application through the electronic grants management system, check all purchases against the allowable equipment list and follow the administrative guidelines. Applicants are responsible for meeting all Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency eligibility requirements, including those related to compliance with the National Incident Management System.
Project proposals must be submitted through https://hscsl.vmasc.odu.edu/fmi/webd Proposals will not be accepted through any other form of submission.
When entering the portal, please choose EMPG_Proposal_Upload_16 (The third option) and upload your entire document in one file.
Project Proposal Form can be found http://www.vaemergency.gov/sites/default/files/edited-EMPG-Project-Proposal-Form_0.docx