Debris Estimating Tool
Debris Estimating Tool [29kb xls]
Note: The applicant needs to adjust only items 1 through 6, highlighted in yellow.
- Item 1: Change as appropriate.
- Item 2: Population (available on the U.S. Census Bureau’s Web site) [opens in a new browser window]
- Item 3: Persons per household can be typically obtained from the local planning department. If unavailable, use the default value of 3.
- Items 4-6: These are based on the recommendations from the U.S. Army Corps’ modeling procedure. This procedure is available in the back of the FEMA 325, Appendix B. If uncertain, use 1.3 for each of these factors.
Debris Management in Virginia
Debris Management Web Links
Hurricane-related Solid Waste Management Issues
- http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/LandProtectionRevitalization/PermittingCompliance/WastePermits/SolidWasteEmergencyPermit.aspx [opens in a new browser window]
Solid Waste Facilities
- List of Facilities:http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Portals/0/DEQ/Land/SolidWaste/SW_Permit_Report.pdf [opens in a new browser window]
- GIS/Mapping: http://www.deq.virginia.gov/ConnectWithDEQ/VEGIS.aspx [opens in a new browser window]