Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings and Prevention & Response to Suicide Bombing Incidents courses at New Mexico Tech
Virginia Application Process
1) Complete application fully – It must include the student’s email address for notification of course acceptance by New Mexico Tech.
must have the signature of the students “Agency Head/Manager” to be accepted by New Mexico Tech.
3) Fax or mail your application to:
Training, Education & Exercises Division
Virginia Department of Emergency Management
10501 Trade Court – Richmond VA 23236-3993
(804) 897-6500 Fax (804) 897-6556
4) Your application
will be reviewed and forwarded to New Mexico Tech if you meet the course selection criteria. (You will be contacted if any problem or omission for your application.)
5) Be Patient – Scheduling of courses usually has a 3-4 month waiting list.
6) NOTE: This course is a Train-the-Trainer program so those students who qualify will be authorized to conduct local Awareness level training for their peers upon completion.
Be ready. Be willing to help.
Virginia Disaster Relief Fund
How is the money distributed?
Fund proceeds will be distributed to local long-term recovery groups, members of the Virginia Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and other non-profit and faith-based organizations as a grant.
Many of these groups work directly with individuals and families following a disaster.
How else can I donate?
The Virginia Disaster Relief Fund benefits projects that include: repair or rebuilding of underinsured dwellings, transportation assistance, replacing essential household items, helping renters establish new rental residence, temporary living expenses while recovering from loss, and more.
How can I donate?
If you want to help, send checks made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia with “Virginia Disaster Relief Fund” noted in the memo line to:
P.O. Box 1971
Richmond, VA 23218-1971