Your pet disaster supplies kit should include:
- Identification tags on collars.
- Medications, immunization records and a first aid kit.
- Sturdy leashes, muzzles, harnesses, carriers or cages to transport pets safely. Carriers should be large enough for the pet to stand comfortably, turn around and lie down. Include blankets or towels for bedding and warmth.
- Current photos of you with your pets in case they get lost.
- Food, drinking water, bowls, cat litter/pan and can opener.
- Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behavior problems and the name and number of your veterinarian.
- Pet beds and toys, if easily transportable.