The Department of Homeland Security has released the 2011 grant guidance. While this includes grants for most of the DHS programs, the 2011 Grant Stakeholder meetings will focus on the gaps to be addressed through the State Homeland Security Grant Program.
Each locality is encouraged to send two or three representatives for the different preparedness needs of the locality (CBRNE, Citizen Awareness/Preparedness, Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Activities, Information Sharing/Dissemination, and Mass Care, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Training and Exercises, and Community Preparedness).
The grant announcement for Interoperability/Communications was completed in the spring through the RPAC-I process, no new projects will be reviewed or accepted in this target capability.
To attend the Regional Stakeholder Meetings, please RSVP to Sheronda.email@example.com
Please include your Name, Locality, and which meeting you would like to attend.
Meeting Dates and Locations
- Monday, August 1: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Hampton Health Department, 3130 Victoria Blvd., Hampton, VA 23661 (VDEM Region 5)
- Tuesday, August 2: 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Virginia Department of Transportation Building 4974 Alliance Drive, Occoquan/Bull Ron Room 1st Floor, Fairfax, VA 22030 (VDEM Region 7)
- Wednesday, August 3:1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.- Culpeper County Public Safety Communications Center EOC, 15166 Richmond Road, Culpeper, VA 22701(VDEM Region 2)
- Thursday, August 4: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Roanoke Valley Regional Fire/EMS Training Center, 1220 Kessler Mill Road, Salem, VA 24153 (VDEM Region 6)
- Friday, August 5: 9:30 a.m. –12 p.m. – Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, Rooms 103 & 104, One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA 24212 (VDEM Region 4)
- Monday, August 8: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Buckingham County Agriculture Center Building, Administration Lane, Buckingham, VA 23921 (VDEM Region 3)
- Tuesday, August 9: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Eanes-Pittman Public Safety Training Center 6610 Public Safety Road (Way), Rooms A & B, Chesterfield, VA 23832 (VDEM Region 1)
Purpose of the Meeting
2011 Grants Management Overview
At the beginning of the Stakeholder meeting there will be a brief segment for Grant Management. VDEM Grant Office would like to take the opportunity to go over the business process, grant cycle, and discuss fiscal matters with the stakeholders. This is very important as your entity applies for grant funds. This portion of the meeting will take approximately one hour.
Review of National Priorities, DHS 2011 Grants, Virginia Priorities
Overview of 2011 Processes for Grant Application Development
Process Changes for 2011 going forward
Target Capability Leads and Advisory Committees
Summary and Next Steps
- Project Proposal Form (Word doc)
- Target Capability Leads (Word doc)
- DHS 2011 Project Proposal Process (PPT)
- SHSP 2011 State Homeland Security Grant Process (PPT)
Please email your grant questions to Sheronda Johnson at Sheronda.Johnson@vdem.virginia.gov
Be ready. Be willing to help.
Virginia Disaster Relief Fund
How is the money distributed?
Fund proceeds will be distributed to local long-term recovery groups, members of the Virginia Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and other non-profit and faith-based organizations as a grant.
Many of these groups work directly with individuals and families following a disaster.
How else can I donate?
The Virginia Disaster Relief Fund benefits projects that include: repair or rebuilding of underinsured dwellings, transportation assistance, replacing essential household items, helping renters establish new rental residence, temporary living expenses while recovering from loss, and more.
How can I donate?
If you want to help, send checks made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia with “Virginia Disaster Relief Fund” noted in the memo line to:
P.O. Box 1971
Richmond, VA 23218-1971