2008: Tropical Storm Hanna • Hurricane Gustav
- Through the Emergency Management Assistance Compact, Virginia is sending 12 law enforcement officers with vehicles to Lousiana to help maintain law and order in Livingston Parish. The officers are originating from Shenandoah County and Prince William County.
- A summary of all current EMAC missions is available on the EMAC page.
09.11.08, 4:00 p.m.
- Situation Report #6 is available for download. [27kb PDF]
09.08.08, 3:30 p.m.
- Situation Report #5 is available for download. [37kb PDF]
09.04.08, 2:50 p.m.
- Situation Report #4 is available for download. [36kb PDF]
09.02.08, 3:10 p.m.
- Situation Report #3 is available for download. [48kb PDF]
09.02.08, 2:15 p.m.
09.01.08, 3:55 p.m.
- Situation Report #2 is available for download. [43kb PDF]
08.31.08, 5:30 p.m.
- The Department of Game and Inland Fisheries has developed a Q & A document about their EMAC deployment. [This PDF document will open in a new browser window.]
- DGIF also posted photos of the deployed personnel and equipment on their Web site. [opens in a new browser window]
08.31.08, 5:05 p.m.
- Situation Report #1 is available for download. [37kb PDF]
08.31.08, 1:00 p.m.
08.31.08, 1:00 a.m.
08.29.08, 6:25 p.m.
- Governor’s News Release: Governor Kaine Activates Emergency Management Assistance Compact
Be ready. Be willing to help.
Virginia Disaster Relief Fund
How is the money distributed?
Fund proceeds will be distributed to local long-term recovery groups, members of the Virginia Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and other non-profit and faith-based organizations as a grant.
Many of these groups work directly with individuals and families following a disaster.
How else can I donate?
The Virginia Disaster Relief Fund benefits projects that include: repair or rebuilding of underinsured dwellings, transportation assistance, replacing essential household items, helping renters establish new rental residence, temporary living expenses while recovering from loss, and more.
How can I donate?
If you want to help, send checks made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia with “Virginia Disaster Relief Fund” noted in the memo line to:
P.O. Box 1971
Richmond, VA 23218-1971