Your loved one is missing. What should I do?
- Phone service will likely be over burdened, try texting
- Check Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, FourSuare ectc)
- Try to contact neighbors, friends, co-workers or emplyers
- Go to the physical Family Assistance Center
- Dial 211 – Emergency Services Call Center for missings persons information
- Missing Persons Line (TTY)
- Red Cross
Be ready. Be willing to help.
Virginia Disaster Relief Fund
How is the money distributed?
Fund proceeds will be distributed to local long-term recovery groups, members of the Virginia Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and other non-profit and faith-based organizations as a grant.
Many of these groups work directly with individuals and families following a disaster.
How else can I donate?
The Virginia Disaster Relief Fund benefits projects that include: repair or rebuilding of underinsured dwellings, transportation assistance, replacing essential household items, helping renters establish new rental residence, temporary living expenses while recovering from loss, and more.
How can I donate?
If you want to help, send checks made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia with “Virginia Disaster Relief Fund” noted in the memo line to:
P.O. Box 1971
Richmond, VA 23218-1971