Upcoming conferences and events:
2014 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium
"Emergency Management Today: Limited Resources, Complex Threats"
March 19 - 21, 2014, Hampton Roads Convention Center
Sponsored by: Virginia Emergency Management Association & Virginia Department of Emergency Management
Register before March 1, 2014 to avoid the $50 late fee!
- 2013 Virginia Hazardous Materials Conference and Expo • September 16 - 20, 2013
Sponsored by Virginia Association of Hazardous Materials Response Specialists and Virginia Department of Emergency Management
Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
The Coordinator’s Briefings are an annual opportunity for VDEM to provide the latest information on state and federal policy and procedures regarding activities for local emergency management personnel. Jurisdictions receiving EMPG funding are required to attend. VDEM encourages participants to use official vehicles for travel and attend the closest Coordinator’s Briefing as a one-day commute. Where necessary, VDEM will provide lodging reimbursement for each jurisdiction’s Director and Coordinator of Emergency Management (maximum two per jurisdiction) or their designated representative(s). Authorized personnel will be reimbursed for lodging if you travel more than 70 miles to the briefing site. briefing begins at 9 a.m. for each session. Pre-enrollment is required. Read more.
- The 16th Annual Virginia Occupational Safety and Health Conference was held on the week of October 4th - 7th 2011 in Portsmouth Virginia this year. Read more.
- 2011 Emergency Management Procurement Forum - Download PowerPoint Slides
- 2011 VA NC Hurricane Meeting - Download PowerPoint Slides
- 2010 Coordinators Briefings - View Conference presentations
- March 31-April 2, 2010: 2010 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium