Local government will clear debris from public areas, but you are responsible for debris on your property.
You can contact your local waste management office for more information.
In general, materials should be sorted for pickup:
- Electronics – TVs, computers, phones, DVD players.
- Large appliances – Water heater, stove, refrigerator, air conditioner, washer, dryer. (Do not leave doors unsealed or unsecured.)
- Hazardous waste – Oil, batteries, pesticides, paint, cleaning supplies.
- Vegetative debris – Tree branches, leaves, logs, plants.
- Construction and demolition debris – Building materials, drywall, lumber, carpet, furniture, plumbing.
- Household garbage – Bagged garbage, discarded food, paper, packaging.
Do not burn household debris.