Important Dates & Information
- Wednesday, April 14 – VGIN Advisory Board Meeting
- Tuesday, April 27 – Regional Advisory Committee
- Wednesday, May 5- NGS Stakeholder Webinar
- Thursday, May 6 – PSAP Grant Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, May 11 – Regional Advisory Committee
- Wednesday, May 12 – Virginia NG9-1-1 User Group Meeting
- Thursday, May 13 – 9-1-1 Services Board meeting cancelled due to the gas pipeline emergency.
- National Emergency Number Association Resource Page
- PSAP Screening for COVID-19 – recommended by the Office of Emergency Medical Services
- 9-1-1 COVID-19 COOP Outline – resource from the National 9-1-1 Program
- Urgent ECC Actions – checklist for PSAP’s to mitigate COVID-19 spread
About the Bureau
The 9-1-1 & Geospatial Services (NGS) Bureau provides a variety of data and information services to local, state, and federal stakeholders. The bureau is organized into three service units:
Collectively, the NGS divisions are prepared to assist any local 9-1-1 or GIS program as well as state agencies’ GIS programs to provide their essential services to the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The PSC Division supports local 9-1-1 programs through funding and technical assistance and provides staff support to the 9-1-1 Services Board. The VGIN Division supports local and state agency GIS programs through technical and data assistance and provides staff support to the VGIN Advisory Board. Both divisions utilize a common outreach effort through the bureau’s Regional Outreach Program.