- An informational resource created by VDEM’s 9-1-1 and Geospatial Services Bureau that summarizes high level information about the Fairfax County and VA Beach Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) contracts.
- The NG9-1-1 deployment dashboard includes information of all Virginia PSAPs for these nine areas: funding and contract status, deployment schedule, diverse connectivity status, GIS timelines 2020, GIS timelines 2021, GIS status, PSAP boundaries status, provisioning boundary status and text to 9-1-1.
- In the above chart, “Funding Requests Submitted” combines the dashboard figures from “Connectivity Project Completed” + “Connectivity Contract Started” + “Contract Executed” + “Funding Request Approved” + “Funding Request Submitted”
- Fairfax County NG9-1-1 contract – documents available from the Fairfax Department of Procurement and Material Management
- City of Virginia Beach NG9-1-1 Contract – Please send document requests or questions to Darla Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 385-4062.
- May 5, 2020 – New NG9-1-1 GIS Recommendations Available
- March 24, 2020 – Working with VGIN Feature Services Resource
- Jan. 22, 2020 – ISP 2020 Report Card Overview
- Nov. 25, 2019 – NG9-1-1 Project Resources
- Nov. 14, 2019 – Revised NG9-1-1 Deployment Schedule
- Oct. 29, 2019 – Virginia Beach Signs ESINet Contract with AT&T
In order to facilitate the deployment process, the Board has established a rolling submission calendar for the review and approval of NG9-1-1 and Text-to-9-1-1 funding requests:
2019 & 2020 Funding Request Submission Calendar
|Nov. 25, 2019||Jan. 9, 2020||April 9, 2020|
|Jan. 27, 2020||March 12, 2020||June 12, 2020|
|March 30, 2020||May 14, 2020||Aug. 14, 2020|
|May 25, 2020||July 9, 2020||Oct. 9, 2020|
|July 27, 2020||Sept. 10, 2020||Dec. 10, 2020|
|Sept. 28, 2020||Nov. 12, 2020||Feb. 12, 2021|
|Nov. 30, 2020||Jan. 14, 2021||April 14, 2021|
PSAPs seeking NG9-1-1 funding need to complete a Proposal Acceptance Letter (PAL). The PAL confirms a PSAP’s acceptance of the information contained in their NG9-1-1 migration proposal (MP) and signals their intent to deploy NG9-1-1. The funding amount requested in the PAL should not exceed the recurring and non-recurring cost estimates contained in the MP. Currently all MPs are based on the AT&T solution.
Once the migration funds are awarded, the PAL requires that you sign a contract vehicle within three months of the award. The deadline dates are listed in the schedule above. For the AT&T solution, this is the AT&T participation agreement (PA).
A funding award amendment can be requested if a previously unidentified issue impacting NG9-1-1 readiness was not included in a PSAP’s migration proposal. NGS staff will prepare a decision brief that includes a recommended action. Funding award amendment requests are processed according to the above submission calendar.
NG9-1-1 Deployment Steps is an overview of the steps needed for three categories; Funding and Contracts, i3 Preconditions, and i3 Deployment with Geospatial Routing.
Transitional funding for Text-to-9-1-1 is available for PSAPs to implement this service in advance of their NG9-1-1 deployment to meet the legislatively required deadline of July 1, 2020. This transitional funding replaces any funding identified in a PSAP’s MP or included in a PSAP’s NG9-1-1 funding award. PSAPs seeking Text-to-9-1-1 funding need to complete a Text-to-9-1-1 Grant Program Application and could receive up to $50,000 in funding to implement this service.
Additional information on the NG9-1-1 migration and Text-to-9-1-1 funding programs can be obtained from the FY21 PSAP Grant Guidelines.
GIS Project Components
- NG9-1-1 GIS Data Provisioning and Maintenance – provides an overview on the provisioning of GIS data to support NG9-1-1 services
- Virginia NG9-1-1 GIS Resources – provides tools and guidelines for both the PSAP boundary process and VDEM GIS data report card. These tools allow you to create both items in-house or through your contractor.
- Virginia NG9-1-1 Boundaries Maps – PSAP boundary polygons and provisioning boundary polygons
Page Acronym Glossary
- ESInet = Emergency services IP network
- GIS = Geographic Information System
- ILEC = Incumbent local exchange carrier
- LATA = Local access and transport area
- NG9-1-1 = Next Generation 9-1-1
- NGS = 9-1-1 & Geospatial Services
- PA = Participation agreement with AT&T
- PAL = Proposal acceptance letter for AT&T’s solution
- PSAP = Public safety answering point
- RFP = Request for proposal