2018 Regional Grants Stakeholder Workshops
The 2018 Grant Stakeholder Workshops are being held statewide from April 23 – May 11 (seven regional meetings). The importance of these workshops is to promote coordination across the various disciplines and entities that are eligible to apply for State Homeland Security (SHSP), Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) funds along with a brief overview of other possible funding opportunities.
These workshops provide an opportunity for each region to possibly leverage additional funding to support critical security and risk reduction efforts. By working together, stakeholders can submit high-quality project applications that will close the most critical preparedness gaps that are consistent with the Commonwealth’s risk. In addition, stakeholders can submit high quality project applications that will reduce the long term risk to the Commonwealth.
Workshops run 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
- Provide an overview of the grants lifecycle.
- Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the Homeland Security and Public Safety Stakeholder event held April 11th in Richmond.
- Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the SHSP grant process and project scoring methodology.
- Provide stakeholders updates on Hazard Mitigation Grants and project scoring methodology.
- Provide stakeholders updates on the Public Assistance.
- Provide technical assistance to potential grant applicants to enhance the opportunity for funding.
You are welcome to attend whichever meeting is most convenient. No need to RSVP.
Meeting materials and templates needed to submit project information, including links to follow for submission will be posted to VDEM’s website by April 18th.
PEER REVIEWERS NEEDED
To make the State Homeland Security Grant process a success Peer Reviewers are needed!
As a reminder, peer review is an important part of the State Homeland Security Grant process.
Participation provides reviewers with a unique opportunity to gain insight into the evaluation process and learn about innovative projects their peers may be undertaking.
Register Here: 2018 SHSP Peer Review Registration