The Virginia Department of Emergency Management is currently accepting applications for the FY 20 State Homeland Security Program (SHSP). On February 14, 2020, FEMA released the FY 2020 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
Grant Funding Priorities
For FY 20, four investment areas have been identified as National Priorities by DHS/FEMA:
- Enhancing cybersecurity (including election security)
- Enhancing the protection of soft targets/crowded places (including election security)
- Enhancing information and intelligence sharing and cooperation with federal agencies, including DHS
- Addressing emergent threats (e.g., unmanned aerial systems [UASs], etc.)
- Effective planning;
- Training and awareness campaigns;
- Equipment and capital projects; and
NEW: How to Apply – All applications are due by May 22, 2020
For Local Competitive Grant Applications
- Downloadable proposal form with the embedded link to submit your application (2020_SHSP_Proposal_Template_Competitive_Final)
For Special Operations Teams Grant Applications (non-competitive)
- Downloadable proposal form (2020_SHSP_Proposal_Template_SOT_Final)
Please feel free to reach out to your Chief Regional Coordinator and/or your Grants Administrator if you have any questions.
Additionally, you can view detailed regional information here: VDEM Regions
|Chief Regional Coordinator||Grant Administrator|
|Region 1||Donna Pletch Donna.email@example.com||Lisa FoleyLisa.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 2||Mark StoneMark.email@example.com||Shane AhernShane.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 3||Gene StewartGene.email@example.com||James TurnerJames.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 4||Tim EstesTim.email@example.com||James TurnerJames.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 5||Bruce SterlingBruce.email@example.com||Kimberly LigonKimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 6||Mike GuzoMike.email@example.com||James TurnerJames.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Region 7||Andy JohnAndy.email@example.com||Shane AhernShane.firstname.lastname@example.org|
The 2020 Grants Sessions will be held statewide starting March 9 – March 26.
The importance of these sessions is to promote coordination across the various disciplines and entities that are eligible to apply for State Homeland Security (SHSP), Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI), Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) and Emergency Management Grant Program (EMPG) funds along with a brief overview of the grant cycle and important tips.
These sessions provide an opportunity for each region to possibly leverage additional funding to support critical security and risk reduction efforts. By working together, stakeholders can submit high-quality project applications that will close the most critical preparedness gaps that are consistent with the Commonwealth’s risk.
- Provide an overview of the grants life cycle.
- Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the Homeland Security and Public Safety
- Stakeholder event held February 20th in Richmond.
- Provide stakeholders with a briefing on the SHSP grant process and project scoring methodology.
- Provide technical assistance to potential grant applicants to enhance the opportunity for funding.
You are welcome to attend whichever meeting is most convenient. No need to RSVP.
Meeting materials and templates needed to submit project information, including links to follow for submission will be posted to VDEM’s website on or around February 25,2020.
February 20, 2020 Stakeholder Meeting Materials
- Local Agencies