[FEMA-DR-4512-VA] Disaster Procurement
Disaster Procurement for State Agencies
Procurement by state agencies, there are only three requirements as set forth in 2 CFR 200.317:
- Follow your own state procurement rules.
- Use recycled materials to the extent possible (probably not relevant to most pandemic purchasing)
- Include the required federal contract clauses, as applicable
Disaster Procurement for local and tribal governments, and eligible non-profit organizations
Local governments and PNPs must meet the more detailed requirements set forth in 2 CFR 200.318-326. The “Top 10 Procurement Mistakes” highlights those rules.
To summarize the competition rules:
- For purchases under $10,000 or the applicant’s own micro-purchase threshold (whichever is less), no competitive quotes are required as long as the price is reasonable. To the extent practical, purchases should be distributed among qualified suppliers.
- For purchases under $250,000 or the applicant’s own small purchase threshold (whichever is less), price quotes should be sought from at least three qualified sources.
- For purchases above $250,000 or the applicant’s own small purchase threshold (whichever is less), competition is generally required.