In order to get access to WebEOC, you must first complete WebEOC training. As part of the training, you will fill out a Request Form and an account will be generated for you. Courses below can be found in the COV Learning Center (https://covlc.virginia.gov/Default.aspx) or by contacting email@example.com.
- State Emergency Operations Center (EOC) partners must complete the VEST 100: Introduction to Emergency Management and the VEST and VEST 104: Introduction to WebEOC for VEST Members courses (offered monthly).
- Locality EOC and Regional Coordination Center (RCC) partners must complete the VEOC 100: WebEOC for Local Governments Course.
Any web browser should work however it is recommended that Google Chrome or Firefox be used.
Passwords must be updated every 90 days on each system independently. Updating your password on one system does NOT automatically update your password on the other system. The passwords can be the same password but you will need to update it on both the training and the operations system every time independently. It is recommended that users set a calendar reminder for the password updates every 90 days.
Password must meet the following criteria:
- At least 8 characters
- Not one of the previous 24 passwords used
- Contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, AND one special character (!,@,# etc.)
If you are receiving a message that your account is locked, try waiting 30 minutes then click “Forgot Password” and attempt to reset your password using your username and email address. If your account is still showing “locked” you must email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Once your account has been unlocked, it is recommended that the user close ALL browser windows to clear your browser cookies. Re-open your browser and try again. Also, disabling “save password” on your browser can prevent issues in the future.
Users should always enter the location they are physically working when logging in each time. If you are working virtually from your office, be sure to update your location and confirm that the correct phone number is entered.
Users do not need to log out to change your Position or Incident. At the top of the window, you will see a dark grey bar with white writing. Next to your position and the incident you will notice white drop down arrows. By clicking anywhere in the Incident or Position Name, a drop down menu will come up to select a different position or incident.
**Note: you may need to scroll down in the drop down menu to locate a specific incident or position.
The Training System is used for exercises, drills, testing, and training on the system. The Operations System is used for real-world event response, pre-planned or emergency events. While the servers are very similar, they are NOT linked in any way. Updates to your account or posts made on the training system will not automatically transfer over to the operations system. For example, you must update both passwords separately every 90 days. The passwords can be the same password but you will need to update it on both the training and the operations system every time.
- State partners – The Virginia Emergency Support Team (VEST) Office Staff conducts regular training related to EOC Operations and WebEOC. Training opportunities are available here.
- Local & Regional partners – Reach out to your VDEM Regional Staff for this information.
You can also attend a VEST 104: Introduction to WebEOC for VEST members or VEOC 100: WebEOC for Local Governments at any time for a thorough refresher on WebEOC.